Friday, April 11, 2014

Assassin's Creed - Part 5

The final piece of this saga was the distinctive red Assassin's belt. For this I found a textured silky solid in the costume fabrics and cut two pieces in a slightly larger shape of the pleather belt.


I also cut and sewed the two hanging straps, then stitched them into the main belt piece.


Turned the whole thing inside out and hey presto! Lovely red belt! I attached it to the pleather piece by sewing over the topstitching on the upper edge of the pleather again.


There it is! (Minus the vambraces, because I couldn't figure out a good way to photograph them on the dress form.)






Want to share this whole tutorial? Pinning the photo above is a great way to go!

Are you interested in commissioning your own costume? Check out my commissions page for further details!

No comments: