Tuesday, January 28, 2014

So how is the queue going to work once it opens?

At 12:00pm on Thursday I will post a "Costume Commission" form. It will require the following information,


  • Costume Desired (with at least two attached photos, I may ask you for more later)
  • Price I quoted you in response to your query (I will be answering all of these by midnight Wednesday - send one in if you haven't already!)
  • Costume desired by: (May be no earlier than July 1st, and only some costumes will be finished by this point. First come, first served.)
  • Alternative form of contact: (in case I can't get ahold of you by the e-mail connected to your submission). This can be another e-mail, your facebook page, or a phone # I can text you at. 


I will respond to you promptly with one of three replies:


  • Commission Accepted (will include costume agreement form and downpayment information.) 10% downpayment due by Midnight, Thursday, or you will lose your spot in the queue. If you have paypal issues, keep me updated and we'll figure them out on Friday, but if I don't hear from you or receive a reply by Thursday Midnight, I will offer your space to another person.
  • Commission Question (I would like to complete the commission, but have some important questions that need to be answered before I can complete a costume agreement form and downpayment information.). This question MUST be answered ASAP so that the 10% downpayment can be met no later than Friday, Midnight.
  • Commission Denied (Either I could not meet the deadline, would be unable to source the materials, or your form was submitted after the queue had already refilled. I reserve the right to refuse any commission I feel unable to complete satisfactorily.) If the denial was because the queue refilled, you will be in line to be notified if a spot opens over the weekend (first come first served, but if you do not respond in a half day, your spot will again be given to the next person on the waiting list.)


I will remove the form from the website as soon as the queue is filled. I am hoping to line up work through the end of July (and possibly August), and therefore there are a very limited number of spots available - between 5 and 10, depending on the size and complexity of the costumes desired. After the queue closes I will send out another e-mail blast announcing this fact, as well as mentioning how many people are on the waiting list.

I cannot guarantee ANY costume before June 1st, and will give priority to deadlines as they come in. However, if commission #1 doesn't need to be finished until September, and commission #2 is needed by June 15th, I would complete commission #2 first.

This is the first time I'm running the queue this way, so please bear with me if there are a few glitches - we will iron them out shortly!


No comments: