Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Commission Procedure is Officially Updated

I have completely updated the Commission a Costume page to reflect the new system. Please let me know if you are confused about any point so that I can clarify any necessary segments.

I'm also including the primary new material here, as some of it is inserted into existing text and may be easy to miss.


The Costume Queue is: CLOSED
Why am I changing the commission procedure? Read more details here. 


You can see pictures of my past work on my Costume Diaries page.

I accept costume commissions in blocks, to minimize the amount of time I have to spend on correspondence and maximize actual sewing time. I am currently scheduled through approximately March, 2014. Sometime in December or January I will open up the Spring Commissions Block, for those wishing to have costumes by July. This block will only be open for a short time, and once it's closed I will not accept commissions until the Summer Commission Block opens. To ensure that you are alerted as soon as the block opens so that you can get your order in immediately, please sign up for the Costume Queue Alert on the Right Sidebar. The alert will go out about three days before the block actual opens, and I will indicate both on this blog and the facebook page when I am getting close to sending an alert out.


Costume Queue FAQ's

How do I know how much my commission will cost?
Please complete the cost query form here, and I'll reply with either an estimate (for new pieces) or a set price (for pieces I've done before). Note that this price might change slightly if there is a great deal of time between your cost query and the opening of the Queue Block.

How do you decide which costumes to take?
I operate on a first come, first served basis, although I reserve the right to reject any costume that I do not feel adequate to complete.

How many costumes can you take in a single commission block?
It will vary depending on the costume. If you want a very elaborate costume, you will need to be early on the queue, as I would not be able to take it on if I already have a nearly full block. 4 complete ensembles would be my estimate. Individual pieces, like cloaks, take less time and therefore could be more easily fit in.

How will I place my order?
I will put up an order form on the website. As soon as your order form is accepted, I will send you a request for a 10% down payment to reserve your queue spot. If the down payment is not sent within 24 hours, your spot will be given to another.


FAQ's


"How do I pay you? Is a deposit required?"
I use Paypal for all transactions. A 10% down payment is required immediately. The remainder will be required in two separate payments, one at the beginning of costume construction, the other about a week before the costume's due date.

Why aren't there pictures of my costume on your blog yet?
While I occasionally post in-progress sneak peeks on the facebook page and my tumblr, I do not post full write-ups until the costume is completed. This way my readers do not have to wait weeks between the parts, and I can post the write-up when I have time in between costumes. I do however e-mail my clients in-progress pictures of their pieces for feedback and verification. 




No comments: