Friday, January 11, 2013

Steampunk Superheros

I love superhero costume redesign. That's why Project Rooftop is on my blogroll on this site, and why I will not hesitate to reblog an awesome costume on Tumblr if it's reasonable modest.

As some of you know, one of my favorite Marvel superheros is Lorna Dane/Polaris, mistress of magnetism, member of X-Men and X-Factor, daughter of Magneto, sometime girlfriend of Alex Summers/Havok and Bobby Drake/Iceman, sister to Wanda and Pietro Maximoff (Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver of the Avengers)... and all around pretty cool chick. Plus she has green hair.

Anyhow, I'm cosplaying her at C2E2 and probably Convergence this year, and I've been playing around with various design ideas. Although the following design will probably have to wait another year to debut, I'm pretty psyched about it...


Lorna Dane/Polaris Steampunk by ~Elenatintil on deviantART

In fact, I had so much fun designing Lorna's steampunk attire, that I decided to do a take on her sister Wanda as well:


Wanda Maximoff Steampunk by ~Elenatintil on deviantART

I've also got my friend Shannon (Remember her Rabbit cosplay?) considering doing a Steampunk Magneto. We'll see if anything comes of it, but I would love to get the whole Lensherr/Maximoff/Dane clan together in Steampunk attire at some point.

Wanda and Lorna belong to Marvel, designs are mine (ask before using). 

No comments: