Thursday, August 18, 2011

Countdown to beginning -- 6 days

Getting so close to starting classes! I met one of my professors on tuesday, and I'm due to meet the others today. Apparently in Textiles lab we get to burn fibers. That sounds kind of awesome.
Also I got the rest of my books on Monday. For textiles we have a huge stack of little fabric swatches. There's a big note that says "DO NOT OPEN" so that we don't get them out of order before class starts. Seriously? I can't look through and play with all the pretty fabric NOW? This is depressing. Oh well... 6 more days!!!!!!
The other tragic news is that, although my mending/to do pile is growing at a frightening rate, my sewing machine is still not unpacked. I think this has something to do with the fact that my table is currently the resting place for anything that doesn't have a home yet and I've been putting off organizing it. It's so much more fun to unpack scarves and books than sort out little odds and ends... right?

No comments: